LavishSearch

Saturday, June 21, 2008

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all"Dale Carneg

Ladies and Gentlemen, I hope that you are doing fine. This was a better week when compared to the past few weeks that I had at work**, finally I am getting released from my current assignment on 30th of this month. It had been one big battle, for I was trying to get release since past one year. I learnt a couple of lessons during this project which I thought of penning down:

1. Your manager gets a higher salary for doing his work, i.e. making you work and most of the time, making you work on what you do not want to you and he finds immense pleasure in doing that.
2. Never fall for the sweet words of your higher management and take responsibility of more than what you can handle. “This is an opportunity for you to prove your caliber” “opportunity to shine” etc. this is all bull shit. This simply means that he is already in soup and he wants you to take his place. DO YOUR WORK
3. Never join a project if you do not want to do it. Not even for a day. Most popular and most successful trick is to call you for help and asking for working for a day or two and then you don’t even realize but you become a stakeholder in that project and end up being a frustrated team member for a year(if you are lucky) to two year.
4. When you join the project always ask one question “what it has for me?”.
5. No problem is so big that you can not solve it. All you need is patience and commitment. Once Einstein said "I'm no smarter than others. But I stay with problems much longer after others leave"
6. You are as happy as you make up your mind to be.


** It wasn’t the excess of work which was making those weeks unbearable but it was the complete absence of work in office which made it difficult, very difficult to spend 8 hours in office.

No comments: